The Buttonless Vape Pen has gained a lot of traction in recent years, and for good reason. There have been a lot of technological advancements that have helped to bring the price down to an affordable range. As a result, more and more first-time users are picking up vape pens. But for someone getting their feet wet in the vaporizer pen game, you might not know how to operate the darn thing. We will go over all the workings of a buttonless vape pen to help ease any issues you might have.
First Off, What is a Buttonless Vape Pen?
A buttonless vape pen is a hassle-free way to enjoy your favorite concentrates without the risk of burning yourself. This means that, unlike their box mod vaporizer brothers, the device doesn’t have any external controls. This is thanks to the buttonless vaporizer pen using an auto-draw function that activates the device as you take a draw. No wonder vape aficionados and newbies alike love this extremely simple unit.
Are there Benefits to an Auto-Draw Battery?
When it comes to the auto-draw battery of buttonless vape pens, there are many benefits they have over the manual (button) pen vaporizers currently on the market. Sure, vape pens that employ the button design (manual-draw) can provide you with a more customizable experience. But they can also be fairly complicated if you don’t know what you’re doing. We’ll touch upon a few of the more popular reasons many are gravitating towards pens that incorporate the auto-draw battery.
- First and foremost, since it boasts a buttonless design, it makes powering on the device as easy as can be.
- Your concentrates will stay more effective and last longer due to their stability, ensuring consistent potency.
- The overall discreetness of the device gives you the confidence to take it anywhere you like without garnering unwanted attention.
Auto-Draw Battery vs Button
The battery that powers the vaporizer is the key difference between an auto-draw vape pen and a button (manual) vape pen. Not to say that one is outright better than the other since they both have their pros and cons. It’s all a matter of preference.
All you have to do with buttonless pen vaporizers (also known as auto-draw) is attach your oil cartridge onto the battery and you’re ready to set sail. How this works is there’s a switch inside the battery that once you inhale, a sensor activates which in turn heats the heating element producing thick and tasty vapor. From the time you place your lips on the mouthpiece till the vapor enters your lungs is literally instantaneous. Not only that, but since most are powered by a battery, you have the luxury of taking more rips in between charges.
Now, when it comes to button-style (manual) vape pens, you’re required to turn the device on by pushing a button multiple times (usually within 3 – 5 clicks) before having to wait a few seconds before it’s ready to produce any vapor. Generally, there’s a small LED on the power button that will either flash or change colors when it’s ready to use. Some units will require you to hold the button down while drawing your vapor, whereas others will be hands-free during your sessions. And since there are so many different types of vape pens in the marketplace, this might not apply to your specific unit. Some even require you to tap a set of buttons to raise or lower the temp along with other customizable options. It also takes more to power the device, so you’ll need to charge the device more often than the buttonless design.
How do You Turn on a Buttonless Vape?
It really doesn’t get any easier than turning on a buttonless vaporizer pen. There’s nothing to push or do to turn it on or take a hit. Simply press the mouthpiece to your lips and inhale. The vape pen’s technology is rather advanced, as it offers the greatest vapor possible to the user. When you inhale, you’re activating the battery, which then ignites the heating element. The heating element will then vaporize the contents of the cartridge before it enters your lungs.
What to do if your Buttonless Vape Pen is Not Working
So, your buttonless vape pen has stopped working, and you’re stumped as to what to do? Don’t fret, we’ll be able to assist you with that issue, no problem. The reasons for your malfunctioning vaporizer pen could be due to a multitude of reasons. We’ll go through a couple of the most common reasons, as well as some solutions that should fix any issues you’re having.
- First things first, you want to make sure that there is actually something in your cartridge. This may seem like day 1 stuff, but you’d be surprised at how many people overlook this detail.
- Next, double-check that all the components are properly attached. To do so, simply make sure that there’s a proper seal between the battery and the heating coil. If the seal is broken, then the heating element simply won’t heat. If you’re unable to reconnect the seal, you may have to replace some parts or even the entire unit.
- Maybe something is blocking the airflow? This usually occurs when you haven’t replaced the mouthpiece in a while. Since pre-filled and disposable oil cartridges can leave a residue that might accumulate over time. If this is the case, deep cleaning your unit should be enough to fix the issue.
- Now the next reason doesn’t necessarily lead to a non-working device, but it can lead to your device producing gross, stale vapor. The reason for this is that your coils are completely worn out. Once again, the solution to this issue is a nice thorough cleaning of your unit.
File a Warranty Claim
If you’re still having some issues, you might not be able to solve them on your own. You’ll need to contact the manufacturer/supplier and pray that they have good customer service. Try returning your vape or requesting a refund; we’ve found that most providers are quite accommodating with regard to defective items.
How to Tell if a Buttonless Battery is Charged
When you plug in the vape, a small LED light should illuminate. This light tends to be positioned near the charging port or on the front of the device. The light will then either change colors (for example, from red to green) or turn off entirely. This is usually used to indicate how much charge is left in your battery. Though some models have the LED flash during charging and then stay on when fully charged. If You’re still having issues with how to charge your device, you might want to perform an extensive Google search. Your last option would be to contact the manufacturer of your vape pen for a walkthrough.
Where to Buy Buttonless Vape Pens
When it comes to buying a buttonless vape pen these days, you have a lot of options available to you. If an inexpensive, efficient, and elevated experience is what you’re looking for in a buttonless vape pen, Boundless has what you crave. We’re a leader in the vape industry, and we’re constantly looking for new ways to improve our products. Although we have multiple devices available, our most popular (and for good reason) would have to be our flagship unit, the Terp Pen. It’s a superb, inexpensive vaporizer pen that is sleek in design and provides on-demand concentrate vapor instantly! It truly exemplifies everything we stand for at Boundless.